- Ecopoly's additive is an eco-intelligent system with ecological and economical benefits.
- Ecopoly's additive is the most cost-effective additive - less material for the same result
- The most effective additive on the market
- The highest quality and durability - high processibility in manufacturing processes
- The only oxo-biodegradable technology on the market that is suitable for all plastic processes
- Benefits - complete biodegradation, conventional raw materials and natural modifiers
- No toxic by-products (e.g. methane)
- Less energy input vs. competitive products
- If degradable bags or other plastic packaging based on Ecopoly's technology find their way into the environment as litter or other methods of disposal, they will break down harmlessly and be assimilated by the environment
- The environmental cost of using "compostable" bags compared with polyethylene bags based on Ecopoly's technology results in a huge negative environmental effect - energy for manufacture, transport (about7 times the volume) and lack of recyclability
- Although the polymer used (in paper or polylactic acid) may be derived from renewable materials, because of the energy to produce and transport, they use much more of the earth's resources
Some statements used by EcoPoly Customers:
- This environmentally responsible plastic bag is based upon Oxo-biodegradable technology that will first degrade, then biodegrade in the presence of oxygen, soil, micro-organisms and moisture.
- Our bags are not only made from recycled plastics, they are also recyclable and oxodegradable. We believe that a disposable plastic product should be engineered to degrade over time. We find it’s an easy way to do our part for a healthier planet.
- What does oxodegradable mean?
Our bags contain a unique agent that helps break down the carbon-carbon bonds in the plastic and reduces the strength of the bag when exposed to oxygen. As the bag continues to degrade into smaller pieces it becomes a nutrient for microbes which consume the fragments leaving behind water, CO2 and reusable biomass.. The process leaves behind no harmful residues or toxins.