Plastic in many of its varieties is a non-biodegradable material, which leads to piling of litter on landfills and even deep down the oceans. It stays in its constant state for umpteen years and does not decompose easily, which is why plastic must be recycled. Recycling plastic for reuse is by far the best way to protect the environment than disposing of it to further pollute the earth and harm several animal species as they consume it. This is one reason single-use plastic is banned or discouraged by most countries. Plastic recycling is the process of turning waste plastic or scrap into a useful product. By recycling plastic for daily needs, the awareness of plastic sea fills, landfills, and environmental issues can be raised. But why would anyone opt for recycling instead of producing new plastics? This post highlights the key benefits of recycling plastics that benefit the environment.
5 Key Environmental Benefits of Plastic Recycling
Recycling of plastic offers several benefits, and the following four reasons prove why plastic recycling and reuse is important for the environment:
- Conserves Natural Resources and Energy: Plastic manufacturing uses a lot of energy and resources, water, and petroleum. Reusing the plastic instead of manufacturing from virgin materials every time helps reduce the strain on fossil fuel such as coal, natural gas, petroleum, and more. Recycling plastic ultimately helps in saving these natural resources, which again helps decrease the level of carbon dioxide.
- Saves Landfill Space: As mentioned earlier, plastic is a non-biodegradable material, which means it takes ages to break down completely. Regardless of space where it is kept or stored, it will take a lot of time to degrade. Recycling plastic raw materials and turning them into useful products help save plastic space taken up in landfills and prevent pollution and litter.
- Reduces Carbon (CO2) Emission: The huge consumption of material goods is the main cause of climate change. Extracting and harvesting raw materials from the earth contributes to pollution and venting the greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Greenhouse gases are also released while burning non-renewable fuel to make plastic. Since plastic recycling consumes less oil in the manufacturing of new plastic, it helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions, too. Increasing the use of recycled materials not only reduces air pollution but mitigate global warming
- Protects Ecosystem and Wildlife: Recycling of plastics is one of the best ways to protect natural sources and animals. Plastic dumped in oceans is harming aquatic creatures as some of it is consumed by them. The same goes for animals on land too, especially domestic ones in urban areas. According to the information sources, many water creatures and animals die each year due to the consumption of plastic and pollutants released in water. This is just as harmful to humans and animals consuming that water. So, recycling plastic will save natural habitat and ecosystem balance.
- Prevents Pollution: In addition to this, recycling of plastic can lessen the need for allied activities such as transportation and mining, which are the main producers of pollution. Also, patronizing recycled products save your money as many companies pay cash for your scrap.
Recycling of plastics is important, and everyone should take it more seriously. Plastics make up massive solid waste in landfills and oceans. Thus, it makes business as well as ecological sense to produce maximum variants of recyclable plastics to reduce landfill waste as well as conserve energy and environment. Considering the aforementioned benefits of plastic recycling, if you are looking for eco-friendly shopping bags, then source it from a trustworthy industry-leading supplier. ANS Plastic Corp is a trusted, experienced industry leader enthusiastically bringing only high-quality, affordable, eco friendly bio-degradable plastic shopping bags for your business. The company also provides a wide range of customized plastic bags to meet your business needs.